When the seasons change many runners retire inside the hibernate from the cold weather. Even if it’s cold, snowy or rainy outside it doesn’t mean that the treadmill is your only option. With the right gear, you can come out on top of the winter and get a head start on those who opted for the offseason. As a crucial part of your gear, your running shoes need to be resilient to the weather and adhere to all the same conditions. The most significant feature is being waterproof as running through the rain and snow can quickly weigh down a shoe and chill you from your feet up. There are a lot of winter running shoes that boast weatherproof features and can keep you on your favorite outdoor routes all season. To help make your winner runs pleasant protected and more comfortable we’ve compiled a list of the best winter running shoes.
10 Best Winter Running Shoes
1. Salomon Men's Speedcross 5 GTX Trail Running Shoes
$141.59 in stock
- Weather protection: a new Gore-Tex Construction reduces bulk and improves comfort, while maintaining complete weather protection
- Aggressive Grip: The Contagrip taking sole has aggressive lug design that digs into mud, wet ground or soft snow
- Precise fit: the proven Speedcross fit, with Quicklace adjustment, this shoe holds the foot comfortably and precisely
- Closure Type: Lace-Up
2. Salomon SPEEDSPIKE CS Trail Running Shoe
- Blast through any condition with a sure-footed stride. The aggressive lugs on this shoe are bolstered by 15 carbide spikes that dig into the iciest surfaces.
- A durable protective band around the base of the foot resists abrasion and cuts. And a waterproof membrane over the forefoot helps keep toes dryer and warmer.
- Moderate cushioning and a lower platform help Speedspike stay very stable in soft or uneven conditions.
- Salomon 2 year limited warranty
3. Salomon Unisex Snowcross 2 CSWP Outdoor Boots
|Is Adult Product|
|Size||11 Women/10 Men|
4. Saucony Men's Peregrine ICE+ Running Shoe
- Vibrams advanced ARCTIC GRIP outsole rubber lets you keep pace on the iciest of conditions
- The PWRFOAM midsole and EVERUN topsole work together to provide underfoot cushioning that's responsive for pushing uphill and protective for bombing downhill.
- The water-resistant upper is reinforced to protect feet from trail debris and adds hint of warmth.
- Shoe Category: Neutral Offset 4mm(26/22)
- Weight: Men: 10.4oz (295g) | Women 9.4oz (266g)
5. Brooks Cascadia 14 GTX Black/Grey/Blue 11
6. ALTRA Men's ALM1855L Lone Peak 4 Low RSM Waterproof Trail Running Shoe
- Balanced cushioning: Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your run.
- Upper: eVent Fabrics
- Footshape Toe Box: Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability.
- Gaitertrap: Hook-and-loop tab allows strapless gaiter attachment that prevents debris from building up beneath the shoe.
- Trailclaw: Canted lugs positioned strategically beneath the metatarsals to provide traction at toe off.
7. La Sportiva Tempesta GTX Running Shoe
- Gore-Flex strobel board for waterproof run-a-bility
- Single pull fast lacing system for quick closure
- Durable airmesh uppers to ward off the elements
- Drop 10mm â Stack: Heel: 24mm / Toe: 14mm
- Men's: 11.3 oz / 320 g â Women's: 9.0 oz / 256 g
8. Icebug Men's Pytho4 M BUGrip Trail Running Shoe
- Pytho4 BUGrip is a shoe that works as well on and off trails. The low drop provides good ground contact, which is important to maintain the running feeling in irregular terrain. With its good comfort and fantastic grip, Pytho has also become a favourite with winter runners around the world. Pytho4 BUGrip is a shoe with a wide range of use. The low drop gives good ground contact, which, combined with the fantastic grip, makes the shoe a perfect option for those who like to run in uneven terrain.
- For what: Winter running, trail running and orienteering
- Why we made the shoe: The world needed a studded shoe for all kinds of surfaces. Pytho was made to cope with everything from snow and bare ice to narrow trails and pathless terrain.
- 17 BUGrip carbide steel studs provide optimal grip on all surfaces. Low drop for fantastic terrain control. Sustainable material and protective toe box make the shoe durable.
9. Inov-8 Men's Arctic Talon 275 Running Shoe
- Lightweight for racing fast over snow and ice
- Great underfoot protection
- Spikes aligned for racing speed
- Fit: precision
10. New Balance Men's SKOM-Summit King of Mountain V1 Trail Running Shoe
- 8 Mm Drop**
- Removable Insert
- Rock Stop Plate
- Vibram Outsole