When it comes to video editing necessities, there are numerous items that you should have. The most crucial aspect, however, is to have the best CPU cores, a decent graphics card, quicker drive speed, and optical drives. All of these and other computer components are linked by a single platform known as the motherboard.
Because the motherboard is the backbone of all computer components, it will have an impact on the entire performance of your system if it is of low quality. Investing in a motherboard is a good option because it protects you from serious consequences. Even if you pay a large price, you will not be sorry.
The best motherboard for video editing is one that is fully compatible with the CPU and has all of the necessary slots, connectors, and power to handle rendering jobs. A skilled video editor would never compromise on video quality; this is only feasible with the correct machine.
There are hundreds of alternatives on the market, making it difficult to select the best motherboard for yourself. After conducting extensive research and analysis, we have identified some excellent motherboards for you that will undoubtedly aid you in video editing. You’re one step closer to finding your dream solution!
What method did we use to write this review?
It’s not easy to find the best motherboard! Why? It’s because you have to take into account a lot of technicalities and specifics. To make your path clear, our experts conducted an extensive study on motherboards and then selected the best ones in all aspects of video editing.
All of the things we’ve added to our list are fantastic in some way. We took note of various criteria such as design, compatibility, support, RAM, storage, budget, and so on. We compile a list of items that are up to date in every feature after taking into account all variables. Let’s go over our list!
Best Motherboard for Video Editing in 2021
- ROG Maximus XIII Hero – Best Overall Motherboard for Video Editing
- MSI Creator TRX40 Motherboard – Best Mobo for 4K Video Editing
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII – Best Ryzen Motherboard for Video Editing
- ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR – Best Motherboard Made for Content Creator
- 5GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO Wi-Fi – Best Budget Motherboard for Video Editing
- NZXT N7 B550 – N7-B55XT-W1 – Best White Motherboard for Video Editing
- MSI MAG B550M Mortar Wi-Fi – Best microATX Motherboard for Video Editing
1. ROG Maximus XIII Hero – Best Overall Motherboard for Video Editing
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 teamed power stages rated for 90 Amps, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, quad M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High-Performance Networking: Onboard WiFi 6E (802.11ax), dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet and ASUS LANGaurd
Our winning item Because of its excellent features, the ROG Maximum is the ideal motherboard for video editing. Its Intel core CPUs are carefully engineered to provide you with the best performance possible. The deep learning database will eliminate any background noise and allow you to entirely focus on your task.
Surprisingly, this AI motherboard includes AI cooling, overclocking, noise reduction, and networking, which makes work enjoyable. The power design allows you to choose power-saving modes, and you can also switch from low power mode to full load in a short period of time. It will retain excellent thermal performance while performing all of its functions.
This motherboard’s memory is sufficient to keep you going for a long period. Memory can now run at higher speeds, with lower latency, and with less voltages thanks to OptiMem II. Fortunately, this device’s cooling settings are the most advanced and extensive.
You will receive superfast wireless networking speed with its much bigger bandwidth; this will aid the motherboard have superior performance and capacity. Using the USB and front panel connector, you may outfit all of your components.
2. MSI Creator TRX40 Motherboard – Best Mobo for 4K Video Editing
- Core boost: with premium layout and fully digital power design to support more Cores and provides better performance.
- 10G super LAN: next-level speed, secure networking with fastest data throughput to improve efficiency.
- Wi-fi 6: the latest wireless solution supports MU-MIMO and bss color Technology, delivering speeds up to 2400Mbps.
- Lightning USB 20G: ASM3242 USB 3. 2 Gen2x2 controller offers the fastest USB speeds with stability.
- Total thermal solution: premium thermal design Included frozr heatsink, extended heatsink and heat-pipe.
Another excellent motherboard for video editing is the MSI Creator. You may connect high-speed Wi-Fi to it using the onboard Intel Wi-Fi 6, which will help optimize data transmission and give exceptional speed. It has a premium layout, supports multiple cores, and helps you get greater performance.
This motherboard’s 10G super LAN will handle high-density, high-bandwidth, and low-latency networks. Furthermore, the LAN will provide you with next-level speed and will increase your efficiency. Large data, raw photos, and 4K films may be transferred swiftly across a LAN network.
As you upgrade to high-performance motherboards, you may find it challenging to control heat. Fortunately, this product includes a chipset that aids in the regulation of excessive heat. The chipset has PCI-3 Gen4 capabilities, which aid in maintaining the huge data bandwidth.
This motherboard includes a 16-phase design, an efficient layout, digital power, and is cooled by an extended heat sink to keep your system cool. Even if the CPU is subjected to intense workloads, it will not overheat. When it comes to memory, you may add four more lightning Gen with the ultra-fast SSDs; this will significantly increase capacity.
3. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII – Best Ryzen Motherboard for Video Editing
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Unmatched personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen. 2 addressable headers
- Industry-leading ROG audio: ROG SupremeFX S1220 is combined with the venerable ESS ES9023P to deliver high-fidelity audio to headsets and exotic cans.
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
Every video editor desires to have the best Ryzen processor in their motherboard. Fortunately, this fantastic solution includes AMD Ryzen processors from the second and third generations. This motherboard’s power architecture enables you to go from power-saving settings to full load. Its power stages contribute to efficient thermal performance.
This motherboard, which has a memory trace structure, reduces background noise and increases signal integrity. It is outfitted with Optimum III memory kits, which allow it to operate at lower latency and voltages. You can also choose Zen 3 CPUs, which have a large amount of bandwidth.
No matter how demanding your workloads are, the CPU will manage them flawlessly because to its memory performance and infinite fabric. This motherboard provides the quickest data transfer speeds as well as outstanding performance. Furthermore, wireless networking will increase capacity in dense Wi-Fi environments.
Its thermal design includes aluminum heatsinks, a passive chipset, and a water cooling zone; these outstanding characteristics ensure that it stays cool for an extended period of time. All of the finest components in it contribute to increased endurance. Furthermore, the microfine alloy and metallic capacitors contribute to the durability of this product.
4. ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR – Best Motherboard Made for Content Creator
If you are a content creator, having the best monitor is critical. And no monitor can be dubbed “THE BEST” unless it is equipped with a high-quality sophisticated motherboard. It is considerably more difficult for content creators to discover a good motherboard; we have solved this problem by adding this motherboard to our list of top recommendations.
This ASUS ProArt is equipped with Intel 10th Gen core processors, which deliver significantly improved performance. Two thunderbolts, onboard 2.5G LAN, three type-C connectors, and 10G LAN are all responsible for ultrafast communication. You will gain a lot of power and speed, which will make your work much easier.
This motherboard, like all of its other qualities, leads in intelligence. It will ensure automatic intelligent optimization whether you are talking about cooling, overclocking, or CreationFirst. Furthermore, it will thoroughly optimize network traffic and fan speeds to provide increased work efficiency and performance.
Its built-in 12+ power stages and multi-GPU support allow for improved memory frequency and helps to strengthen the content creator’s creativity. The user is completely satisfied with the performance. Furthermore, with centralized software, one-stop management, and monitoring, content development workflows may be conveniently handled.
5. GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO Wi-Fi – Best Budget Motherboard for Video Editing
- Supports AMD 2nd generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ 1st generation Ryzen processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Intel dual band 802.11AC Wave2 Wi-Fi & BT 5
- DisplayPort, HDMI 2 ports for multiple display
There are many excellent motherboards on the market, however, the price of the motherboard rises as the features grow. If you have a limited budget and are looking for a low-cost solution, this is the ideal motherboard for video editing.
This 400 series motherboard is simply compatible with the current AMD Ryzen processor, which allows for additional features and processing capability. With this motherboard, you may also optimize the capabilities of your PC in terms of storage space and overall experience.
Because with AM StoreMI technology, you will also notice faster startup times in this compact motherboard. You can also expect enhanced armor, lighting accents, and premium features. It has two HDMI outputs and one display port output; the multiple outputs make use extremely simple.
Aside from the built-in Wi-Fi, it also offers a traffic control tool that helps enhance network latency and responsiveness. It’s USB Gen2 has increased bandwidth and is substantially improved over previous generations. You won’t have to worry about the system’s longevity because it’s built with sturdy power connectors and glass fabric.
6. NZXT N7 B550 – N7-B55XT-W1 – Best White Motherboard for Video Editing
- SMART CONTROLS: The N7 B550 includes key features from our RGB and Fan Controller, allowing intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through NZXT CAM.
- STUNNING CRAFTSMANSHIP: The metal cover is available in white or black for a seamless look that blends into the background of any NZXT H Series case for a clean aesthetic.
- BUILD MADE EASIER: The N7’s layout streamlines installation with an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for easier setup.
- FEATURES: The N7 B550 includes a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, WiFi 6 connectivity, and utilizes all PCI express lanes available from the CPU and chipset.
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports AMD Socket AM4 Ryzen Processors (3000, 4000, and 5000 Series Processors
Everyone wishes they could have an expanded motherboard. It is because you can make maximum use of the motherboard’s features. Fortunately, this product includes a variety of slots and connectors for expanding your PC.
It is painstakingly made with a gorgeous white or seamless black aesthetic to last a long time. The arrangement simplifies installation will make the procedure easier for you to ensure easier setup. It has a front-panel USB 3.2 port, Wi-Fi 6, and a Gen 2 Type-C connector.
It has two storage device connectors, USB-C, multi-GPU compatibility, 5.1-channel audio, and CrossFireX technology. Furthermore, it is only compatible with AMD Ryzen 3000, 4000, and 5000 series CPUs from the third generation, and it does not work with Ryzen 5 3400 G and 3200 G processors.
This motherboard’s fan control and digital RGB allow you to regulate seven fan channels and four lighting channels. This motherboard has a streamlined board layout, Bluetooth, and greatly simplifies the construction procedure. Users may regulate lighting and create fan curves with the built-in fan controls.
7. MSI MAG B550M Mortar Wi-Fi Gaming Motherboard – Best microATX Motherboard for Video Editing
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4400 MHz)
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
- AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended heatsink with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding for convenience and protection from electrostatic discharge
This MSI gaming motherboard is yet another fantastic device for video editing. This allows for up to 64GBs of unidirectional bandwidth transmission, which is plenty for editing. MSI lighting Gen 4 solution strikes quickly.
The motherboard frequently overheats as a result of intense workloads, which can be a problem. This motherboard, on the other hand, features an expanded heatsink that completely covers the chokes and keeps the system cool. Its heatsink is made of thick copper PCB material, thermal pads, and M.2 Shield Frozr, which aids in temperature regulation.
Another fantastic feature is the core boost, which aids in the establishment of a reserved zone of premium power supply components and optimized circuits. These components work together to form a highly efficient power system that provides correct output to the CPU.
Because of the pre-installed IO shielding, you will have an easier time handling and processing this motherboard. The design is perfectly grounded, which aids in the protection of the electrostatic from the outside environment. Furthermore, onboard LAN and Wi-Fi 6 will give users excellent network connectivity.
Choosing the Best Motherboard for Video Editing
Purchasing a motherboard for your everyday PC is not as complicated as purchasing one for your video editing PC. There are numerous aspects to consider before making a purchase. Let’s take a look at some important components to look for when selecting a motherboard.
If you’ve been doing video processing for a while, you’re probably aware that all video processing software takes up a lot of space. You’ll need plenty of memory in your computer to install the software, and your motherboard should have plenty of it.
Make sure to select a motherboard with at least four DIMM slots. Furthermore, you will note that the motherboard’s RAM has been increased to benefit you in the future. If it is not upgradeable, you would have to replace the entire motherboard just for RAM.
Because they have so many peripherals and USB devices, video editors always hunt for the most USB ports possible. So, while looking for a motherboard for your business, make sure it contains a number of USB ports. Aside from USB, another important feature to check for is the number of output ports and thunderbolts.
Every computer requires a path to turn data into a visual format that humans can see and use. Images on a monitor require the assistance of a graphics card, which should be of excellent quality. Look for a motherboard that can support any type of GPU to make data realization simple and speedy.
For routine work, low-powered GPUs are preferred, however, video editing requires premium quality and high-powered GPU support. A motherboard that is compatible with all types of GPUs and supports a high number of GPUs is required for quicker processing.
Almost everyone understands the significance of storage because it is one of the most important factors to consider. When purchasing a motherboard, you should examine SSB and HDD drives, as well as how many connections you may add to expand storage.
HDDs (hard disk drives) are often equipped with spinning platters that are utilized to store data. However, in an SSD (solid-state drive), all of your data is saved in a quicker flash; this provides you with additional speed and helps you to hold the operating system in a better way. HDDs are less expensive, while SSDs are more expensive, but you will not be disappointed with your purchase.
The motherboard’s primary function is to link various components. It requires DIMM, PCIe, and other slots to connect. When purchasing a motherboard for yourself, you must carefully consider the type of connection you require. Consider what type of ports your case supports, and your motherboard should provide you with the necessary internal connections.
When selecting a motherboard, you should first consider if you require a graphics card for video editing.
In general, the GPU need is determined by the editing software you choose. A graphics card is required if you are working with 3D detailing and extensive VFX. GPU is used by your editing program to assist you in rendering your work. As a result, the necessity for GPU is entirely relative.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Which component is most important when choosing a motherboard?
You should select a motherboard with all of the best characteristics. However, if your money is limited, you should never skimp on a CPU. A good CPU is essential for delivering higher-resolution video. You should have at least an Intel Core i5 processor; anything less is unacceptable.
Q: Is it really necessary to have multiple cores for effective video editing?
The use of cores is determined by your needs. Keep in mind that more cores will make the CPU’s operation easier by dividing the task into parts. If you’re working, single-core performance is also a good idea. In summary, it is entirely dependent on your line of work.
Q: Does the frequency of RAM have an impact on video editing?
Higher frequency RAM is more expensive than lower frequency RAM, and the performance difference isn’t significant. Even motherboards with higher frequency RAM begin to function poorly in some cases. The cost of frequency is too high, and the results are only minimal, therefore spending money on it is not a good idea.
This guide should have been useful in assisting you in selecting the finest motherboard for video editing. All of our top options above offer distinct features; choose the one that best meets your needs.
We’ve covered the finest motherboards in terms of price and quality. We don’t propose jeopardizing your career to save a few dollars; therefore, investing in the correct motherboard isn’t a bad idea. Get the best one and you will notice a huge improvement in your editing results!