If you haven’t experienced the monster performance of Ryzen 9 3900x, whether you’re a gamer or a video creator, you’re certainly missing out! The Ryzen 9 3900x is the current mainstream processor, with 12 cores and a gigantic 24 threads, a base clock of 3.8 GHz, and a whopping 64 MB L3 cache. It is the fastest and one of the most energy-efficient CPUs available today.
For enthusiasts, it provides great multithreaded performance that easily outperforms competitors in the benchmark. But that’s not the end of it! It also supports PCIe Gen4, which is twice as fast as PCIe 3.0, resulting in substantial speed differences with up to 16 GT/s data transfer rate.
To get the most out of it, though, a powerful motherboard is required, one that can give maximum performance incorporates all the latest features and handles forward compatibility. Given the market’s abundance of alternatives and features, such as RGB, onboard WiFi, and Multi GPU compatibility, we want to make your decision easier.
We’ve done all of the research and compiled a list of the top ten motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900X to make it much easier for you to choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X in 2021
- Best Motherboard for Overclocking Ryzen 9 3900X – MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
- Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – ASRock B450 Steel Legend
- Best Micro ATX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi
- Best Mini ITX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
- Best Gaming Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
- Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3950XT – GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
- Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x and RTX 2080ti – MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON
- Best B450 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
- Best X570 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – MSI MEG X570 UNIFY
- Best B550 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X – Asus ROG STRIX B550-F (WI-FI)
1. MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE
Best Motherboard for Overclocking Ryzen 9 3900X
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
When it comes to overclocking, the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is unquestionably the king. You can have some high hopes for this motherboard. It has a long list of features and a flashy look that is likely to catch people’s attention.
First and foremost, with 14+4+1 digital VRMs and dual 8 pin power connectors, we are confident it can unleash the full performance potential of the Ryzen 9 3900X. The core boost technology exclusive to MSI’s enthusiast gaming series extends overclocking possibilities even further.
As with the rest of the MEG series, there are no compromises in terms of cooling. The X570 Godlike comes with a slew of cooling options. The VRMs, MOSFETs, and even the m.2 slot have their own huge heatsinks. The VRMs are linked together via a heatpipe to maintain heat dissipation equilibrium. However, if you intend to aspirate the cooling capacity, you may also install AIO water cooling using the onboard water pump and water flow connectors. In terms of memory, the motherboard has four DIMM slots that can accommodate up to 128 GB of DDR 4 RAM, which can be overclocked to 5000 MHz utilizing the A-XMP OC mode.
And that’s not all. This motherboard is crucial for an extreme system build due to features such as PCIe Gen 4.0, Triple NVMe M.2 slots, 10GB ethernet controller, 4 PCIe x16 slots, 6 high-speed SATA slots, inbuilt Wifi 6, and Bluetooth 5.1. For gamers seeking multi-GPU support, all four PCIe x16 expansion slots enable 2-way SLI and 4-way Crossfire technologies.
It has a wide range of USB connecting possibilities. The front has one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connector and four USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A connectors, while the back has one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connector, three Gen 2 Type-A connectors, and two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A slots.
All of these characteristics, combined with an emphasized matte-black PCB, an aesthetically pleasing RGB dragon logo, magical RGB lighting on the I/O shield, and a monochrome LED dashboard, make this motherboard one of the best on the market right now.
2. ASRock B450 Steel Legend
Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450. OS – Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
For obvious reasons, the ASRock B450 Steel legend is the most practical solution for Ryzen 9 3900x budget setups. It boasts a strong six-phase power system, with each VRM choke sending 60A of power to the motherboard. Furthermore, it has a fantastic RGB accent and all of the full features for a nice build at a fair price.
This motherboard’s construction is as sturdy as its name suggests. It’s a strong motherboard for the price, with extra-large aluminum alloy heat sinks surrounding the VRMS, high-quality Nichicon capacitors, and alloy armor around the back I/O. If you intend to throttle the CPU to optimum performance and require AIO water cooling, you will find three water pump fan connectors and a single water pump connector on the board. The motherboard, when combined with a Sapphire black PCB, has a plethora of built-in RGB accents surrounding the rear I/O and VRM heatsinks. However, if you want to add more to the RGB display, you have the choice of using an RGB LED header or an addressable RGB Header.
It comes with two m.2 SSD slots for storage. The primary slot supports PCIe Gen 3 x4 speeds of up to 32 Gbps, while the second slot supports SATA3 and PCI Gen 3 x2 rates of up to 6 Gbps. It has four DIMM slots and can support up to 64 GB of DDR 4 RAM at overclocked speeds of 3533+ MHz.
Given that it is a no-frills board, it only has two PCIe x16 slots, with the top PCIe x16 slot being metallically reinforced. In addition, the PCIe slots support AMD CrossFireX, which enables multi-GPU compatibility for two AMD graphics cards. It has many display connections and a fantastic 7.1 audio channel with gold audio jacks for graphics. Aside from that, it has a plethora of USB ports. On the front panel, there are two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports, while on the rear I/O panel, there are four USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A slots, one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A slot, and one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C slot.
It is worth noting that the board does not include WiFi or Bluetooth. However, this shouldn’t be a deal-breaker because you can install a Wireless PCie card in any of the board’s four PCIe 2.0 slots.
3. MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi
Best Micro ATX (mATX) Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4400 MHz)
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
- Core Boost technology combines optimized power circuit layouts and digital power regulation which allows for precise and steady current delivery to the CPU
- AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences.Premium Thermal Solution: Heatsink thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper.Flash BIOS Button lets users flash the BIOS even without a CPU or memory
If you don’t need extra PCIe slots but don’t want to go with a mini-ITX construction and miss out on all the important features, a micro ATX build is a way to go. As a result, your best bet would be to go with a mATX design. MSI B550M PRO is a no-frills offer, as it’s filled with powerful features, has a high-quality assembly, and is jam-packed with everything you need, yet it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg!
MSI B550M PRO-VDH sports a powerful 4+2 power phase design that incorporates MSI’s core boost technology. In load and overclocking benchmark tests, this motherboard outperformed many other popular motherboards. In terms of cooling, the motherboard boasts a large heatsink, a dedicated M.2 shield frozer, and total fan control via BIOS and MSI’s own software. Along these lines, the motherboard has a 3 amp water pump PIN header and is suited for AIO water cooling.
It has four DIMM slots and can support up to 128 GB of DDR 4 memory. The RAMs can be overclocked to a maximum frequency of 4400 MHZ using the included A-XMP profiles.
The motherboard also includes the most recent and speedy PCIe Gen 4 compatibility, which offers double the speed of the preceding Gen 3. The motherboard has twin m.2 slots and four SATA III slots for storage, with the primary M.2 slot capable of 64 Gbps transfer speeds using PCI Gen 4 and the secondary slot capable of up to 32 Gbps data transfer speeds using PCI Gen3 mode.
There are three PCIe x16 slots for PCIe connectivity, with only the primary PCIe slot capable of operating in PCIe 4.0 mode. The motherboard also has onboard WiFi and dual-mode Bluetooth, 7.1 channel audio, and two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C ports on the front and back panels. There are also plenty of USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A connections, with two on the front panel and four on the back panel. In a nutshell, it’s an excellent motherboard for individuals who don’t care about bells and whistles but yet want a robust and consistent performance out of their build.
4. Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
Best Mini ITX (mITX) Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Direct 8 Phases Digital Power with 90A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Extended & Multi-Layered Heatsink and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 4M. 2 with Thermal Guard
- Onboard Intel WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and Nichicon Audio Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR
- Blazing Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C & DisplayPort plus Dual HDMI Support
The GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX is ideal for an mITX configuration that requires the best performance from the Ryzen 9 3900X. There is no counterpart in the mITX sector for this board, which is loaded with 9 phases of powerful PWMs and robust capacitors capable of shunting altogether 720A of power utilizing the digital PWM controller.
In the same vein, it includes XMP support for overclocking a maximum of 64GB of DDR 4 RAM to a mind-boggling 5300 MHz. Regardless of its size, it still has two NVMe M.2 slots, each of which is configured to fully utilize PCIe 4.0 capabilities and can deliver maximum speeds of up to 64 Gb/s.
However, all of this performance-limiting necessitates significant heat dissipation. A thermal baseplate, multi-layered cool heat sinks along with the chipset, and M. When it comes to cooling, this motherboard means business with two slots connected by a heatpipe and five temperature sensors. You also get three onboard fan headers if you want to expand on that capabilities.
In terms of expansion slots, there is only one PCIe 4.0 slot, which can give twice the bandwidth of previous-generation slots at a substantially lower impedance. Onboard WiFi 6, a 2.5 Lan adaptor, dual HDMI 2.1, Hi-Fi Audio, and a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C connector on the back panel are among the other features.
But that’s not all; the motherboard also gets the full RGB treatment with RGB Fusion 2.0, as well as support for extra RGB customization via RGB and digital addressable RGB connections. Finally, the build quality is unquestionable, since it includes strengthened stainless steel shielding around the PCIe slots and memory slots. Overall, this should be a great motherboard for a mITX setup with a Ryzen 9 3900x and a respectable GPU.
5. Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula
Best Gaming Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
If you’re a serious gamer, you’d want more than simply slick and elegant aesthetics; you’d want a board that can push the clock to the maximum. That, without a doubt, necessitates a sturdy motherboard with powerful VRMs and enough cooling. The Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula is undoubtedly the most exciting Ryzen 9 3900X or Ryzen 9 3900XT motherboard on the market. The board is from the Republic of Gamers series and includes all of the premium features that most current gamers want.
It’s a sturdy kit with 16 power phases, strengthened power connectors, heavy alloy chokes, and metallic capacitors. All of this, combined with 960A of power, provides significant potential for overclocking on the Ryzen 9 3900x. The VRMs and chipset are nearly entirely covered with huge heatsinks and a Superflo fan for stable performance and maximum heat dissipation while overclocking. The addition of this fan increases heat dissipation throughout the surface area.
A cold-rolled backplate and a dedicated heatsink for the M.2 region improve the build even further. The motherboard can accommodate up to 128 GB of DDR 4 memory, which can be overclocked to speeds exceeding 4800 MHz. Both M.2 slots on the board feature PCIe 4.0, capable of driving a data transfer speed of around 64 Gbps for strong gaming and system responsiveness.
To add to the gaming excitement, it has 5 PCIe x16 and 1 PCIe x1 extension slots, with the first two supporting PCIe 4.0 mode. It has a strong multiple GPUs potential for those wishing to intensify the rig, with compatibility for both AMD CrossFireX and NVidia SLI. In terms of connectivity, it has on-board Wifi 6, Bluetooth 5, a great ROG Supreme 8-Channel Audio I/O, and a slew of USB 3.2 Gen 1 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 slots on both the front and back panels.
Finally, it is as interesting aesthetically as it is functionally. You can even scale up the show with RGB and addressable Gen 2 headers, an illuminated ROG logo, AURA lighting control software, and ROG strip lighting throughout.
6. GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3950XT
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12+2 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 50A DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4. 0 Ready x16 Slot
The B550 Aours PRO AC, like its sibling miTX AX version, is an excellent candidate for overclocking Ryzen 9 series, but it comes with even more functions that the small edition does not have. It includes a 14-phase digital VRM architecture, with each VRM capable of supplying 50A to the chipset. This is mitigated by Ryzen 9 3950XT’s excellent performance and overclocking capability. Along with this, there is a sophisticated cooling design with large heatsinks around the CPU and separate heatsinks for the M. There are two slots, seven temperature sensors, and shielded rear I/O. However, if you intend to overclock the CPU, you can combine an AIO water pump with a water cooling CPU header and/or attach additional fans with onboard connections to dissipate heat dissipation.
The motherboard supports up to 128 GB of DDR 4 memory, with XMP profiling allowing for an even higher overclocking capability of up to 5400 MHz. We receive 6 SATA ports and dual m.2 connectors for storage. The primary connector can handle both SATA and PCIe 4.0 modes, however, the second connector can only support PCIe 3.0 mode.
Similarly, out of the three onboard PCIe x16 slots, only the primary slot supports PCIe 4.0 mode. However, this should not dampen hopes because most SSDs and graphics cards are still unable to completely incorporate PCIe 4.0 out of the box.
In terms of networking, the motherboard includes WiFi, Bluetooth, high-resolution audio, and an HDMI output connector. There are also 2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 3 USB Gen 3.1 ports, and 1 USB Type-C port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 capability on the back I/O. The only small complaint on this front is the lack of a Type-C port on the front.
The motherboard has a good highlighted RGB along with the rear I/O shield and across the bottom, which can be further customized with 11 various RGB Fusion modes. If that isn’t enough, you may add as much RGB as you like to your design using the motherboard’s three RGB LED headers and two digital addressable LED headers.
Overall, the GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro covers all areas of a performance motherboard with the superb build quality and a slew of features, making it an excellent choice for Ryzen 9 builds.
7. MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x and RTX 2080ti
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with mu-mimo support. supports Bluetooth 5.1
- Mystic light rgb lets you customize the lighting with 16.8 million colors and 29 effects with support for additional rgb and rainbow led strips
- Audio boost 4 technology with nahimic 3 software enhancement for immersive experiences
- Frozr heatsink with patented fan design – propeller blade technology and double ball bearings. Operating system: Support for windows 10 64-bit
If you want to build a Ryzen 9 3900X with Nvidia’s RTX 2080ti or Radeon RX 5800, you’ll need a strong motherboard with enough power to operate power-hungry components as well as PCI Gen 4.0 to reduce gaming latency. That is why the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon is the ideal option for a build of this caliber. It includes a 13-phase power architecture with 8 and 4-pin power connectors, which is enough to power the latest CPU and GPU.
The motherboard can accommodate 128 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory. If you want to boost the performance even further, you can use the A-XMP OC options in the BIOS to overclock the RAM to 4400+ MHz. There are four SATA connections and two M.2 slots to meet storage needs. One of these M.2 slots supports PCIe Gen 4 mode, which allows for faster data transmission and lower latency.
In terms of expansion slots, the motherboard’s PCIe x16 slots can support dual-GPUs. Both slots support PCIe 4.0 modes as well, albeit the secondary PCIe slot can only handle x4 mode. There is also a PCIe 3.0 x1 port for adding a separate network or sound card.
In terms of connectivity, the motherboard includes inbuilt Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, 7.1-channel HD audio, and a high-speed LAN connector. In terms of USB connectivity, the front panel has 4 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports through an internal onboard connector, and the back panel has 3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports, and 1 high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port.
Overall, the motherboard is an excellent no-frills, no-stir solution for a high-performance PC build. It has all of the expected features of a gaming motherboard, but with an attractive appearance, a native black carbon PCB, and good RGB accents. Furthermore, it enables you to extend your build’s RGB aura with RGB and addressable RGB headers.
8. MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
Best B450 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
Since the debut of the second-generation B450 and X470 motherboards, there have been relatively few versions that have been upgraded to the point where they can integrate all of the current PCIe 4.0 capabilities. However, for people who will only be upgrading their SSDs and graphics cards once in a while but want a build that can provide them with stable performance, powerful connectivity features, and great RGB accents, the MSI B450 Tomahawk with its powerful VRM setup, extensive heatsinks, and increased RAM support is undoubtedly the best B450 motherboard on the market.
It boasts a robust build quality, powerful power phase design, and an emphasized matte-black PCB flamed by a descent of RGB lighting to optimize the overclocking capability of Ryzen 9 3900x. The MOSFETs are completely encased by a heat sink that goes all the way to the back IO.
It supports up to 128 GB of DDR4 memory, which may be overclocked to 4133 MHz using the native A-XMP profile. On the negative, it only has one NVMe M.2 slot, but this shouldn’t be a deal-breaker because the motherboard also includes six SATA slots for maximum storage capacity.
The motherboard incorporates three PCIe x16 slots and two PCIe x1 slots. It’s worth noting that only the primary PCIe x16 slot is completely configured at x16, with the other two only supporting x4 mode. MSI’s Steel Armor Protection additionally protects the primary PCIe x16 slot.
MSI has added two USB 3.1 G 2 connections, one Type-A and one Type-C port, DVI-D and HDMI ports, and a single LAN port on the back I/O. The average audio is merely a mark against the IO section of the board. To put it all into perspective, this B450 motherboard provides above-average characteristics for an entry-level Ryzen-based gaming PC, with lots of features to use at a reasonable price.
9. MSI MEG X570 UNIFY
Best X570 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryze/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics desktop processors for AM4 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminum cover with extended heatsink: All-Metal extended heatsink cover enlarge the surface of heat dissipation, ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4. 0, Triple Lightning Gen4 x4 M. 2 with M. 2 Shield frozr, storemi, AMD Turbo USB 3. 2 Gen2
- 2. 5G gaming LAN with latest Wi-Fi 6 solution: onboard 2. 5G LAN with gaming LAN Manager, combining latest Wi-Fi 6 solution which supports MU-MIMO and bss color Technology, delivering the best online gaming experience
MSI MSG X570 delivers interesting features right out of the box, claiming the finest support for the highest-clocked AMD 3rd gen Ryzen 9 3900X. It’s a rock-solid and feature-rich X570 motherboard with top-tier VRMs, plenty of expansion slots, and an easy-to-manage BIOS for a first-time builder. The premium VRM layout is the obvious place to start. It has a 12+2 phase power supply system, titanium chokes, and IR3555 MOSFETs in its VRM architecture. There are dual 8-pin CPU connectors with this, which are powerful enough to accommodate the next Ryzen series.
In terms of cooling, the motherboard has a plethora of heatsinks covering the VRMs, a fan to exhaust heat from the surface area, heatsinks on the rear I/O panel, and a plethora of fan headers and an AIO water pump connector.
The incorporation of three PCIe Gen4 M.2 slots, capable of shunting double the rates of its predecessor Gen3, is the most noticeable feature of this motherboard, setting the foundation for genuine next-generation storage speeds. Each of these M.2 slots has its own set of heatsinks.
In terms of expansion slots, the MSG X570 has three PCI x16 slots and two PCIe x1 slots. The main point here is that all five PCIe slots are set up to take full use of the PCIe 4.0 mode. Finally, the motherboard enables multi-GPU functionality, including 2-way NVidia SLI and 3-way AMD Crossfire.
It also has high-speed USB 3.2 Gen 2 slots, a 2.5G Lan Port, and inbuilt Intel WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1. If you plan on doing any multimedia creation, the motherboard includes high-quality 7.1 channel high-definition audio capabilities. On the negative, MSI has removed all RGB lighting from this motherboard, however, the capabilities featured on this board make RGB unnecessary. However, if you’re too into an RGB build, RGB, addressable RGB, and CORSAIR connectors are available to bring out the accents you’re looking for.
10. Asus ROG STRIX B550-F (WI-FI)
Best B550 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS
ASUS ROG B550-F improves on the previous-generation B450F with 20% faster ram speeds, 42 percent faster-overclocking ram speed, and the addition of a PCIe 4.0 x16 slot. But, first and foremost, the motherboard has dependable power stages with 12+2 DrMos PWM, high-quality capacitors, and a 6-layer PCB. Even better is the increased cooling provided by VRM heatsinks, thermal padding, and individual heatsinks for each M.2 slot. And if that isn’t enough, it features a dedicated pair of AIO pump fan headers as well as an abundance of fan headers.
As previously stated, it includes an improved memory profile with ASUS Optimem II, which provides an outclass reduction in latency and crosstalk. In terms of numbers, the motherboard can accept up to 128 GB of DDR memory, which can be overclocked to 5100 MHz using the XMP profile. The board has two M.2 storage slots, with the primary slot supporting PCIe 4.0 mode. Both of these slots are also set up to take full advantage of the NVM express RAID, ensuring the highest data rates and maximum storage flexibility.
The motherboard has three PCIe x16 extension slots, one of which supports PCIe 4.0 mode. If you’re a content creator, the board includes one PCIe x1 slot in case you want to add Thunderbolt 3 technology. It is worth noting that the B550-F is capable of running dual-GPUs with AMD CrossFire and NVIDIA SLI compatibility.
With 2.5 Gb LAN, Intel Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, front-panel and back-panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, and a rear USB-C Gen 3.2 slot, the motherboard offers even more connectivity options.
Aesthetically, the board has a great layout with nice RGB on the board that isn’t too pricey. As a result, the RGB lighted ROG logo on the rear I/O and bright STRIX branding on the bottom of the motherboard are present. The mobo does include RGB and addressable RGB headers for extra RGB lighting and blinds of the same type. Overall, the motherboard provides all enthusiast features for gaming and productivity, making it an excellent B550 motherboard for Ryzen 9 setups.